Miata parts for sale/trade Buy, trade or sell your Miata parts here.

94-00 COP Harness - 50$ Shipped

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 03:17 PM

Total Cats: 15
Default 94-00 COP Harness - 50$ Shipped

Title is wrong-ish
Originally Posted by JoeTheZoe
Just to help out...

With a stock engine harness, this harness will only work (in the current configuration) on a '95.5 - '00 (OBDII). The '94 - '95.5 has the 6-pin connector (only uses 5 pins, due to tach signal wire), this one only has the 4-pin. However, it looks like the COP connectors and the downstream portion of this harness are wired up for all the connections, so a '94-er could just replace that upsteam segment, from engine connector to splice connector.
Bought this and realized that one of the wires that goes into the pin on one of the coil connectors was not crimped properly. I managed to get continuity and a fair amount of strength if I pressed it in there. I'm sure some hot glue would hold it into place.

The harness is fully PNP. Its fully sleeved and heat shrinked. Solid piece of hardware.

The harness is the hardest part of a coil on plug conversion, make your life easy and buy this one.

Asking 50$ shipped.

Last edited by ByteVenom; 07-06-2017 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:07 PM

Total Cats: 12

Just to help out...

With a stock engine harness, this harness will only work (in the current configuration) on a '95.5 - '00 (OBDII). The '94 - '95.5 has the 6-pin connector (only uses 5 pins, due to tach signal wire), this one only has the 4-pin. However, it looks like the COP connectors and the downstream portion of this harness are wired up for all the connections, so a '94-er could just replace that upsteam segment, from engine connector to splice connector.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:06 PM
Elite Member

Total Cats: 183

I found those clips with wires super cheap on ebay to build my harness. It'd be really easy to buy another clip for almost nothing and splice it in place of the problem clip. Looks like a really nice piece for the price, hell of a lot better than what I managed to put together.
Old 07-06-2017, 11:53 AM

Total Cats: 15

Originally Posted by JoeTheZoe
Just to help out...

Thank you! Nice catch
Old 07-06-2017, 09:44 PM
Newb

Total Cats: -4

Pm'd i will take it.